Welding Process Engineer – Robotics Integration and product development
Kinetic Technologies serves manufacturers that are ready to achieve new levels of productivity and product quality through robotic automation. We are unwavering in our integrity, demonstrate it through our quality, serve our customers humbly, dream big and achieve great things together.
As a member of our engineering team, you will work with companies across many different industries ranging in size from startups to large companies, helping them to integrate the latest in cobot welding technologies into their manufacturing processes. Internally you will work on advanced R&D projects to develop Kinetic Technologies’ products that ease integration and drive robotic adoption. You will work from concept to installation with customers. You will be expected to be able to fabricate the tooling you design. You won’t just talk about welding; you will be expected to weld and work hands-on to help others weld! Due to the nature of the position this will be an on-site, day shift position in Algona, Iowa.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills that creates strong client relationships –must demonstrate exceptional integrity in all interactions
- Mechanical Engineering, Weld Engineering or similar degree or 10+ years experience in an engineering/engineering technician role without a formal degree
- Minimum of 3 years working in the manufacturing industry focused on welding applications, preferably in a production tooling position
- Mastery of SolidWorks – can work independently to develop a concept, generate CAD/CAM files for use in production CNC machines
- Ability to independently build fixtures and tooling – expert welding abilities, trainable on CNC Mill, Lathe, Press Brake and Laser cutting systems.
- Experience with robotic/cobot welding systems, and an ability to learn robot programming.
- Ability to manage projects involving customers, clients, subcontractors, and internal manufacturing resources